At St Thomas’ Catholic Primary School we envisage each member of our community experiencing the love of Jesus through our values of Faith, Loyalty and Truth.
We envisage an environment that is enriching, inclusive and nurturing, allowing all individuals to achieve their potential.
St. Thomas’ was officially opened in 1970 with Sr Therese Condon from the Sisters of Sion as Principal and fewer than 100 children enrolled in Grades Prep to 4. There were only 6 classrooms, Staff Room and Office, but only 5 classrooms were used. Boys in Grades 5 and 6 attended St. Patrick’s College in the years to 1978.
The school quickly grew and soon it was necessary to add additional classrooms, first a double classroom (our present Library), followed by a new block with large Open Area, and in 1984, 4 more classrooms with 2 withdrawal areas, a new tuckshop and a storeroom. A multi-purpose Hall was erected in 1999.
Numbers reached a peak of 370 students around 1984.
St. Thomas’ has well appointed classrooms and attractive and spacious grounds. Other features include:
- large indoor open area for dance, drama and music classes and visiting cultural performances
- air conditioned classrooms
- adventure playgrounds
- football and soccer fields
- netball and basketball courts
- assembly/multi-purpose hall
- school chapel
- a well-stocked, up-to-date computerised Library
- new, modern classroom computers