The community of St Thomas’ is involved in many events within the township of Sale. Children regularly participate in Eisteddfods and give their time at nursing homes. At school we make it a priority to raise money for local organisations and donate to Project Compassion.
The children represent the school at different Anzac Day and Rememberance Day ceremonies which are linked to our camp to Canberra.
We have extremely supportive parents who are involved in:
- Parent Information Evenings.
- Class Parents Program.
- Class Masses and Lit urgies.
- Sports and Swimming Carnivals
- Celebrations and Feast Days.
- Tuckshop helpers.
- Book covering and library assistance.
- Literacy & Numeracy assistance.
- P & F activities. Fundraising/working bees.
- Grounds Committee.
All parent volunteers are required to attend a volunteer induction session held regularly at the school, and complete all the requirements to become a
volunteer. All volunteers must also have a Working With Children Check.
We also enjoy being actively involved in the community by:
- Performances in music and drama for community groups.
- Well established transition programs with local kindergartens and Catholic College Sale.
- Participation in parish Masses and events.
- Participation in local & global charities
St. Thomas’ School Board
The School Board meets on the fourth Tuesday of each month. The members of the Board include the Parish Priest, the School Principal, staff representative, two members from the Parents & Friends Association, one co-opted parent member and four elected members from the general parent body. Parents are all eligible for election and nominations will be warmly received when elections are held. The aims of the School Board are to assist the Principal and Parish in planning, development, maintenance, finance, education, pastoral concern and public relations.
St. Thomas’ Parents & Friends Association
St. Thomas’ P & F contributes to the life of the school in many ways and in doing so supports our children’s education, development, enjoyment and pride in our school. Meetings are held monthly to discuss activities, school issues and events.